John is a teacher, leadership and embodiment coach, writer, the founder of Clearcircle, and now the Centre for Embodied Wisdom. A qualified Leadership Embodiment Teacher/Coach, he is a continuing student of master somatic teacher and Conscious Embodiment/Leadership Embodiment founder, Wendy Palmer.
He was also the Senior Instructor of Grandmaster Han Kim Sen of Southern Shaolin Five Ancestors, a centuries-old martial art born in the Buddhist temples of China, integrating all aspects of mind and body work. He has practiced within this tradition since 1974 and is internationally recognised. John has appeared in documentaries and performed at international gatherings in China
Previously John taught and led in challenging London schools for 18 years, serving on leadership teams in four schools. He was an Advanced Skills Teacher for Westminster. He is an Associate at the London Centre for Leadership in Learning at the Institute of Education.
Prior to teaching he worked as a builder, an arborist and then a councillor. John now lives in East London with his partner and three children.
Since leaving teaching eight years ago John has worked with:-
- Guys and St Thomas’s NHS Foundation Trust.
- Strategy, Skills and Planning Unit, Home Office
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- Educational Institute of Scotland
- University of Westminster
- Shepway District Council
- Riverside Special School, Haringey
- Tomorrow’s People
- GIlbert Scott Primary School, Croyden
- Hf Chocolates Ltd
- The Open University
- Woodbroke College, Birmingham
- Institute of Education
- Marjorie McLure Special School, Bromley
- Buxton All-through School, Waltham Forest
- The Lammas Sports College and School, Waltham Forest
- Willowfield School, Waltham Forest
- Leytonstone School, Waltham Forest
- Walthamstow Academy, Waltham Forest
- Goose Green Primary School, Southwark
- Whipps Cross Hospital
- London Centre for Leadership in Learning
- Parentline UK
- Carefree Kids
- Connaught School, Waltham Forest
- Cambridge School, Hammersmith and Fulham